Saturday, March 12, 2011

Winter Reflections

I laughed outright when someone told me--before we moved--that Saskatchewan winters last six months. But sure enough, we've had snow on the ground since the beginning of November, if my memory serves, which means we are now well into month five.

I took the photos of our driveway this afternoon. The temperature: - 10 celsius.




We're supposed to have highs above freezing starting tomorrow, but I'll be surprised if the snow is all gone before April.
To be fair, this has been a long and cold winter even by Saskatchewan standards, and we've never had this much snow in the seven years we've lived here.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love the photos! Such a bright snowy day! We still have quite a bit of snow too, but I don't think we have as much as you do, and what we have is dirtier. We did get fresh snow this weekend though, and it is supposed to warm up this coming week too. Race you to see whose snow is gone first? :)

Unknown said...

That last picture is so neat! Snow comes in so many shapes around here... If the adage is true, since March came in like a lion, hopefully we're in for a lamb-like exit.

Edith said...

Neat pictures...especially the last one. I think winter has been long and harder in most places than normal this year. We've got rain today though.

d. miller said...

I should credit t. for the last picture.