Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010-11 Course Line-up

My course assignment for next year was finalized in March:

Fall Semester:
BLST103 Gospels
BLST213 Hermeneutics
BLST304 Acts

Winter Semester:
BLST103 Gospels
BLST213 Hermeneutics
BLST415 Advanced Studies in New Testament Literature
(BLST304 Acts - Create a Distance Learning course)

Why think about next year's teaching assignment already, you ask? Because I am anxious to transition from teaching and grading to reading and research (i.e., I want to acquire some books), and next year's course assignment will shape my reading choices over the summer.

In preparation for my my second time attempt at teaching Acts next fall, I'm looking forward to redesigning the course and reading more in the area--especially C. Kavin Rowe's World Upside Down: Reading Acts in the Graeco-Roman Age (Oxford: 2009). Advanced Studies in New Testament Literature will be a brand new course for me, but I have yet to decide on a topic.

No comments: