Saturday, January 23, 2010

Strommata

Yesterday I skimmed through the 200+ blog posts that accumulated in my Blog reader over the last week, and highlighted a few links for subsequent, more detailed perusal.

The highlight is this excellent interview with Richard B. Hays.

Peter Enns's review of G.K. Beale's book-length response to Enns's book, Inspiration and Incarnation: Evangelicals and the Problem of the Old Testament, makes interesting reading. No surprise, Enns doesn't like the book. Here's his conclusion:
"Beale laments that the doctrine of inerrancy is eroding. In my opinion, the reason for this is not the insidious influence of a new breed of evangelical scholars, but the very thinking displayed in this book. If Erosion represents the kind of work necessary to defend the model of inerrancy Beale fancies, the erosion he fears may quickly become a landslide."

2 comments:

Mike Aubrey said...

Care to voice any agreement or disagreement with Enn's conclusion?

d. miller said...

I prefer not to comment directly since I haven't read Beale's book, but these two posts about Beale and Enns will give you an idea where my tendencies lie.